pondělí 17. listopadu 2014

Co Britové říkají a co tím skutečně myslí

Dovolím si vypůjčit ty nejlepší kousky z tohoto příspěvku. Je to sice myšleno jako vtip, ale ono to docela sedí :)

Whose round is it?” – I know exactly whose round it is.
Tea or coffee?” – The choice you make will colour my opinion of you, possibly forever.
Milk, sugar?” – Careful now: There is a right and wrong answer to this.
Milk, no sugar please” – Is the correct answer.
Two sugars, please” – I am a manual labourer.
I don’t drink tea” – I am not to be trusted.
Ooh, nice” – You have just told me where you’ve been on holiday.
Ooh, nice” – You have just told me where you live.
Ooh, nice” – You have just told me what you had for lunch.
Ooh, nice” – You have just told me your weekend plans.
“…” – You have just unburdened yourself emotionally to me.
What do you make of this weather we’ve been having?” – We have nothing in common, but I’d like to avoid an awkward silence if at all possible.
You’re looking well” – You’ve obviously been going to the gym, and I secretly hate you for it.
Where do you live?” – How expensive is your house?
What do you do?” – How much do you earn?
Fine” – I disagree with what you just said with every fibre of my being.
Nonsense. Don’t mention it” – You have wronged me, and I will replay this incident in my head until the day I die.
Let’s agree to disagree” – I loathe you with an intensity that will burn within my soul for all eternity.
With the greatest respect” – I think you’re a total moron.
Let’s come back to that” – Please do not speak in this meeting again.
Correct me if I’m wrong” – I am 100% certain I am not wrong.
With all due respect” – I disagree with your point of view entirely.
Sounds good” – I wish this didn’t sound sarcastic.
Sounds great” – Oh god, this sounds even more sarcastic, doesn’t it?
I’m fine” – I am moments away from a devastating mental collapse.
I’ll bear it in mind” – Let us never mention this again.
I’m sure it’s my fault” – It’s your fault.
Chuffed” – Experiencing heart-racing euphoria.
Not too bad, actually” – I’m possibly the happiest I have ever been.
Oh dear” – A life-altering catastrophe has just occurred.
You must come round for dinner” – Under no circumstances should you consider this an actual invitation.
Let’s meet up for a drink soon” – This will never, ever, ever happen.
Something’s come up, I’m afraid” – I’ve decided I can’t face an evening in your company after all.
Sorry” – You have just trodden on my foot.
Sorry” – You have just bumped into me and caused me to spill an entire tray of drinks.
Sorry” – You have just fallen asleep on the tube and drooled on my shoulder.
Sorry” – You have just smashed into the back of my car.
You look nice” – You have never looked more beautiful.
Alright you fat wanker, what are you drinking?” – You are my best friend and I love you.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat